Sunday, April 1, 2012

Blessing #115 - My Landing Table

At Christmas, my parents gave me an amazing gift.  A table, but not just any table.   During a recent renovation of the church I grew up in (Ridgeway), they pulled out some old boards.  This table was made by those boards by one of my favorite people, Mr. Gordon.  (I'll have blog about him on another day)

I loved the table, but I just couldn't find the right space for it. 

For the past few weeks, I've been working on our mudroom, and trying to update it.  I had the idea of a table where we could drop our keys and such when we first walk in the door, a landing table.  I tried my Ridgeway table, and it was the perfect height. 

I made a key holder out of an old window I found in one of the attics of our house (that's one of the perks of living in a house that's over 100 years old). I also put a bowl and a piggy bank to empty out our pockets with.

 

Because I am so forgetful, I've been using the table as a place to put all of the things I need to take with me and it has worked great!

Here is the table in its everyday look (Pay no attention to the ugly green carpet. I'll take care of that eventually.)


 Notice how many keys we have! I really need to go through them, but there's this nagging feeling that I'm throwing away the key to something really important.

Yesterday, I had to take a picture for my etsy shop so  I fancied up my little landing table.  It's my new favorite spot in the house.  It's so nice to see something I love right when I walk in the door. 



I'm sharing this post with these sites. 

4 comments:

  1. What a pretty landing table!  Sweet story how the table came to be :) Clever idea putting a piggy bank there to catch the loose change!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the splash of yellow that you added to the table.  Also, loving the key holder just as much:)  Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your post through pinterest.  I LOVE your "you are the sunshine of my life" wood sign.  I tried clicking on your etsy link but its not available right now.  Are you still selling that sign?  I would be very interested. 

    ReplyDelete