Thursday, February 23, 2012

50 for 30 - Week #I have no idea

If anyone ever tells you that losing weight is easy one of three things is going on...

1. They are one of those people who have been blessed with a freakishly high metabolism that when they simply stop drinking Cokes they lose 10 pounds. They were the winners in the genetics lottery.

2. They are on a late night infommercial for a magical diet drug. In this case though, the phrase, "Losing weight is easy," is usually followed by the long list of side effects with include temporary blindness, seizures, and weight gain.

3. They are lying

Losing weight is a marathon. I've been at it since October, and sometimes I lose sight of my goal. Here recently, I have hit a plateau...Okay. I call it a plateau, but that's a stretch. Really, I'm just not eating like I should. (Curse you day after Valentine's 50% off chocolate!!!)

 I have been hovering around 20 pounds lost for about 2 months now. This week though, I feel like I got a reset. I got that nasty stomach bug, and food wasn't nearly as tempting as it has been. I've been refocusing this week, and getting my act back together.  That 30th birthday is just a few months away, and I've got to get working!

  Total Weight Loss - 21.7 pounds (I guess I can thank the stomachbug for the 1.7 pounds.)

1 comment: