Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Blessing #125 - Everyone Needs an Aunt Ruthie

When we visited North Carolina, the boys and I got a chance to visit with my Aunt Ruthie.  (I blogged about her once before.)

During this visit, I enjoyed watching the boys with Aunt Ruthie.  It reminded me of playing with Aunt Ruthie when I was a little girl.



When you are "working," and you ask Aunt Ruthie to help.  Aunt Ruthie doesn't say she's too busy or it's too hot.  She grabs a shovel and "works" too.



During a car ride, Aunt Ruthie isn't concerned with the scenery.  She would much rather make faces at you.

Aunt Ruthie is always there to cheer on your great ideas.  


Aunt Ruthie knows how to find cool things, like rollie pollies, and she doesn't even scream when you try to smash them. 


When you take a picture with Aunt Ruthie, and you try your signature "go completely limp and slide out" ninja move, she doesn't get upset.  She just keeps smiling. 

During our visit, I had the best time watching my boys love Aunt Ruthie.  I couldn't help but think of her accident in October, and how far she has come since then.  Her determination and drive is truly inspiring.

I'm so glad that my boys and I get to have someone like Aunt Ruthie in our lives.  I think the world would be a better place if everyone had an Aunt Ruthie.

2 comments:

  1. Your aunt Ruthie sounds like an amazing woman! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the post & Aunt Ruthie is amazing

    ReplyDelete