Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Blessing #196 - Spring on the Inside

Spring is here, and I am so excited.! I know it's spring, the calendar knows it's spring, but mother nature must not have gotten the memo.

Here is the view from my window this morning...


As much as I dislike the snow, I can't really complain because this winter we haven't gotten a lot of it.

Since it doesn't look like spring outside of my house, I've tried to add some spring to the inside of my house.

Last week, I updated my pyrex cabinet.


I also added an awesome daffodil arrangement to my kitchen table.  Over the past few weeks, I haven't really done too many projects, but this was quick and easy and brought spring into my kitchen.

When I saw this pin from Martha Stewart on Pinterest, I knew I wanted to use the method on my pyrex bowls.

I started with one of my favorite butterprint pyrex bowls and made a grid pattern with tape across it.


Then I cut some daffodils from my yard and just stuck the daffodils in the grid holes working from the outside inwards.


Here is the finished product...



I just love it, and I love the contrast of the blue and yellow.



So until spring decides to show up outside my door, I'll just be enjoying on the inside!


I'm sharing this project with A Bowl Full of Lemons. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment