Thursday, October 20, 2011

Curse #31- The Elephants in my Brain

I haven't been able to blog for about a week.

***pause for shocked gasps***

I know! Right? A week without blessings, curses, projects, or any creativity is a long week for me. I've attempted to sit down and write several posts, but every time I do I have a mental block because there are two giant elephants in my brain, and I just can't get around them 9I think that's a run on sentence).

Elephant #1: I'm trying to open an etsy shop, and failing (for now)

I've been wanting to open an etsy shop for about six months, but every time I try something happens: I get sick, the computer crashes, etc. It's been discouraging, but I'm just getting more and more determined to do it.

Elephant #2: I'm trying to lose weight.

I have been debating whether or not to blog about this. I have made arguments for and against it.

I don't want to set myself up to look stupid.

I don't want to make anyone feel awkward (or maybe I'm the only one that feels awkward watching the Biggest Loswer as I'm shoving a brownie into my mouth).

Ultimately, I decided to blog about this new journey because blogging will give me a greater accountability.

I don't know much about life, but I know the quickest way to get rid of elephants in the room (or brain) is just to be honest and say, "There's an elephant in the room." Tomorrow, I will start a weekly post about my weight loss journey, and my etsy shop...it's getting there.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Steph!  You can totally do it!!  I also just started a weight loss journey.  I have a four month old and am trying to get the last of the baby weight off.  I went back and forth about blogging my journey and came to the same conclusion as you did:  if I tell people then I will be more accountable! 

    Good luck to ya! 
    Erin

    ReplyDelete