Friday, December 21, 2012

Blessing #166 - When Love Whispers



One night last week got a little chaotic.  Our schedules got flipped turned and mixed up, and we ended up late at night in the drive thru of a Taco Bell getting Shad some supper.  The boys and I had already eaten, but I asked Shad just to get me a drink.

A few minutes later, as we were going down the road.  I realized something.  I looked at Shad and said, "You gave me the large drink. That was really, ReAlLy sweet of you."

See, his meal came with a large drink.   He had given me the drink from his meal, and he ordered himself a medium drink.  This may seem small and insignificant, but it meant so much to me.  As he ate his burrito, Shad smiled, happy that I had noticed.

After almost ten years of marriage, I've learned that you have to listen for love.  When he displays his love with flowers, notes, and hot dates, that is when his love is loud. When love is loud it's easy to notice and plain to see. Most days though,  he whispers his love like a quiet little selfless act at the drive thru window.  It's hard to hear a whisper unless you are paying attention.

I'm so thankful to have his love whether it's loud or whispering. I love it when his love is loud, but I pray that my heart will always be tuned to hear and recognize his love whispers.

1 comment:

  1. Truly those "little" gestures of love are such blessings! :) My husband is cutting out cookies for me right now. Just spending a little time together in the kitchen means a lot to me! 

    ReplyDelete