Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Blessing #136 - $2 Tuesday

Last Tuesday, since B was in school and I only had Collin.  I decided to head over to Goodwill and do some serious $2 Tuesday shopping.

$2 Tuesday happens every Tuesday in August in all Goodwill of Delaware.  All the summer clothes and jeans are just $2, and the kids summer clothes and jeans are $1.  They also have $2 Tuesdays in February for all the winter clothes.  (Note: This is a Goodwill of Delaware thing.  Not all Goodwills do this.)

During my trip, I scoured all the summer racks and found a few good tank tops and shirts.  I got three pairs of jeans for the boys for $3!  As I was leaving, I skimmed over the jackets rack because according to Style Savvy with Kim blazers are big this fall.  I found an awesome thin jacket.  When I checked out, I asked the cashier if that blazer was a summer blazer.  She thought it was so I got it for $2.

When I got home, I paired the jacket with a flowy shirt I also got a $2 Tuesday, and here is the finished outfit....

Yes, much like the fifteen year old girls, I take pictures of myself in a mirror with my phone. At least I didn't do duck lips.


Outfit: 

Jacket: $2 - Goodwill
Shirt - $2 - Goodwill (Old Navy)
Pants - free - hand me down from friend (Calvin Klein)
Shoes - free -  Christmas Gift
Belt - $1 - Goodwill
Necklace - cameo given to me from someone that knows I love old things

Total Cost of Outfit: $5!

I love looking cute for cheap!  In fact, for the past 10 months we have been almost a completely thrift family. The only things I have bought in 10 months that were not thrift were our Easter outfits, and a bright yellow sweater for me.  Everything else we have has been thrift for 10 solid months! 

It's one thing to wear thrifted clothes for 10 months, but it's another thing to look good.  During these 10 months, I feel like I have never dressed better!  Reason #15,456 that I love Goodwill! 

I'm sharing this post with the Pleated Poppy's What I Wore Wednesday .
 

4 comments:

  1. love thrift shopping! maybe i should post some outfirs too :) i have some i LOVE that i have gotten for a "steal" this year! but i dont actually remember how much.... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops. my name is not pistt!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh... I'm dying for this jacket!  I can't believe you got it for $2!

    ReplyDelete