Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Blessing #183 - Book Party

In November, I had so much fun at my Favorite Things Party, I decided to have another party.  This time I had a book party.

I love to read, and I've always wanted to go to a book club, but I just never got around to it.  A book party seemed perfect for me.

About a month ago, I invited some friends, and gave them five books to choose from for the book selection.  In the end, we chose Happier At Home by Gretchen Rubin.


For my book party, I wanted to let people know that it was okay if you didn't finish or even read the book, slackers were welcome.  Honestly, I finished the book only three hours before the party so I couldn't judge anyone.

For the party decorations, I kept it low key (remember I was still reading the book at the last second.


A tray, books, and some blocks made a great centerpiece for my table.


I used my trusty rusty chalkboards to display some of Gretchen's resolutions from the book.


My biggest time and impact came from my chalkboard dresser where I tried to copy the book cover.


During the party, we ate a meal, and then discussed the book.  Happier At Home is about Gretchen Rubin's year where she worked on being Happier......at home.  Each month she chose a different area in her life and made resolutions to work on that month (You can read her blog here.)  Discussing Gretchen's project, opened up the discussion to sharing our own lives.

It was a very fun discussion, and I really enjoyed seeing the parts of the book that stuck out to my friends.  If you've ever wanted to be in a book club, don't wait or make excuses! Have a book party of your own!

1 comment:

  1. We stumbled over hеre from a different web аddresѕ аnd thοught Ӏ might сheck things οut.
    I like what I see ѕo now i'm following you. Look forward to finding out about your web page for a second time.
    Feel free to surf my web-site ... loans for bad credit

    ReplyDelete