When I first started loving on my house, one of the areas that was struggling in my home was the walls. They were bare and sad. In my mind, I had to go to the store and buy some expensive picture of a leaf or flower and hang it up on my wall. However, I soon discovered that I could dress my walls and not spend a fortune when I discovered the gallery wall.
I had attempted the gallery wall a few times, but I never got it right. A couple of weeks ago, I tried the gallery wall again after I painted our living room walls.
Suddenly, I realized why I couldn't get it right before. I had been trying to have a cool random looking gallery wall, but my brain is not random. My brain is mathematical and appreciates symmetry. To me symmetry is beautiful.
I gathered up different elements that I had on the walls at our old house and laid them out on the floor. I loved the layout! After giving everything a good coat of white spray paint, I hung them on the wall.
I love the way the gallery wall looks, but I love that each piece has meaning to our family.
1. family definition - The frame was one of the frames we found in the trash a few years ago. I found the vinyl quote at Jo Anne's on clearance a couple of years ago.
2. I've had the L from Kirkland's for four or five years, but a new coat of spray paint made it fit right in.
3. This is one of our favorite verses. I got this from Dayspring.
4. I found the little white frames at Goodwill. Here is the before....
A little spray paint and a different background, and I love them. Eventually, I want to put some numbers or sillouettes in them.
5. A map of our favorite city Charleston.
6. I made this display for some of our Instagram pictures. I love our Instagram pictures, and I'm so happy to have them displayed. I just strung some wire across the back. I put brads in the two corners of the picture and just hung them over the wire. I can add and change out the pictures when I want.
And in an attempt to keep it real, I'll just zoom out and let you see the whole wall.
"Hey, Mom! Are you taking a picture? I haven't photo bombed you in a while!"
"Boom. Photo Bombed."