Sunday, October 21, 2012

31 Days {Day 21} Living with your Projects


If you were to come in our house, you would quickly notice some pieces that don't quite fit.  They may look out of place right now, but I am a big believer in living with your projects and I am a woman with many projects.


Sure, I could wait to use this dresser until I paint it, but living with it let's me know if it works for my  family.   Having the item continually in front of me rather than stuck in a closet motivates me to get it done.

Here are a few more of our works in progress....


Shad got this tv stand at a yard sale for free.  It's a great tv stand, and eventually I'd love to paint it.  For now though, it's still a great tv stand.


Shad and I got this rough work table at Crumpton for $10.  I have plans to sand the top and put wheels on it, but I wanted to live with it first.  We love it, and it is a big statement piece in our kitchen.


We found these side tables on the curb.  I don't know if I am going to paint them and use them as side tables or cut the legs and make a coffee table out of two of them.

Living with my projects lets me know if they will work for my family before I go through the trouble of working on it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment