Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Blessing #5 - Quirks

I love quirks! I know it’s strange to count them as blessings, but they really make life interesting. My husband has several cute quirks. They make him who he is. He gave me his permission to mention them on this blog. Since you can print blogs into books now, one of the purposes of this blog is to keep a journal for my boys. To someday give them some insight into who we are at this moment.



One of Shad's quirks is what I will call, “Song of the Month.” Shad must have songs constantly running through his head, and it seems like he gets stuck on a certain song for about a month at a time. At random quiet moments, Shad will suddenly start singing the song of the month out loud. The current song of the month is “You’re Grace is Enough.” Shad will break out singing the bridge, “So remember your people. Remember your children. Remember your promise, oh God.” Here’s the thing though, this is the only part of the song he sings. He always breaks out into this line, and then stops. Thirty minutes later, he breaks out into it again, “So remember your people. Remember your children. Remember your promise, oh God.” Only that line, no more, no less! He does this with every song of the month. I don’t notice it the first few times, but I always reach a breaking point when I suddenly notice it. “Finish the song! Please finish the song! Why do you sing that specific line? Isn‘t there more to the song” His reply is always the same, “I don’t know…..So remember your people. Remember your children. Remember your promise, oh God.” I’m not the only one that notices it either; B notices it too. Last month, while riding in the car, Brandon broke out into Shad’s song of the month at the same line Shad always sang.

Now unless you think I’m just picking on Shad, I have a similar quirk I’ll call “word of the month.” I get stuck on a word and I’ll use it over and over again. Past words of the month have been bombastic and ingenious. I won’t notice that I do this and then suddenly Shad will say, “Is that even a word? Is that really how you are supposed to use it?”

That’s why I love quirks, they just make life interesting. I especially love Shad’s quirks. They make him who he is cute, charming……….bombastic!


No comments:

Post a Comment