Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Blessing #7- Showers of Blessings

This has been such an exciting week. We are coming down to the end of the pregnancy. The best way I can describe this time is it is like Christmas. However,unlike Christmas, you don't know when it's going to happen, and you end up getting the best present ever!

Anyway, over the past week we've had two baby showers. One of the showers was a traditional baby shower and the other was not so traditional. The first shower was Saturday morning. It was thrown for me by some friends. I did not expect to have a shower at all (you know second baby blah blah blah), but it was so nice that they did it. I got so many things we needed, all the details. The best part was I got to see friends I had not seen in a few months. And the food...any event with a sausage and egg casserole is a hit with me!


The second shower was only attended by Shad, B, and me. On top of that, I even cried during this shower. Before you think this was the most depressing shower ever, let me explain. My church in Georgia threw this shower for me. Because I now live so far away, one of my very thoughtful friends came up with the idea of a "shower in a box." I got a package in my mailbox, filled with cards. The first card had a Chickfila gift card and instructed me to go there to open all of my other cards. I called Shad up and asked if he wanted to go on his lunch break. It was a tough sell, but he agreed. So we got our food and took turns opening up our cards. As we opened them, I had to cry. I cried because of the extreme kindness shown to us. I cried because I'm so blessed to have people that love me in multiple states. And let's face it, I cried because I'm pregnant and hormonal. It was truly amazing, for an hour I was transported back home and embraced by the love of that church.






1 comment:

  1. I was gone when they got the package together, but I will participate. Love you, The Vests

    ReplyDelete