Thursday, December 30, 2010

Blessing #18- Resolutions....no...Goals

Do you make New Year’s resolutions? I could sound cool and say I don’t, but usually I have at least one goal every year. Often, I don’t accomplish this goal, but I am better for trying. Recently, Jon Acuff at Stuff Christians Like posted his 40 before 40 list. I think it is impossible for me to resist making a good list. So this year instead of making New Year’s resolutions, I am making a 30 before 30 list. I have just 17 months to accomplish this list. I’m trying to be very specific in my list. I didn’t want anything vague like, “be a better wife,” but I wanted to be much more specific. Here’s a few of the things on my 30 before 30 list.




#14 Read five Beth Moore books as part of my devotions

#15 Get Shad a day on a four wheeler. (I attempted this on his 30th birthday, but he got injured 10 minutes into it. I really need to make that up to him).

#19 Make a sweet potato pie with my Mamaw

#8 Write 100 thank you cards (I’ve been getting things in order for this one this week. It’s going to be a weekly blog post!)

#22 Complete Project Life for a full year

#23 Take professional family pictures and actually get them printed and up on the walls

#24 Visit the Smithsonian

#26 Learn how to can

#27 Go to a play

#21 Calculate 100 blessings!

#2 Eat meatloaf and like it…maybe not like it, but at least not gag

#28 Visit Margaret Mitchell’s house

#29 Have an awesome 29th birthday adventure!

#9 Make every meal in Southern Plate cookbook (I believe this will be a weekly blog post as well. Me and my projects, they keep me focused.)

#17 Go on an overnight trip with friends

#30 Take a picture at Mason-Dixon Line

Some of these items are simple, but it seems like if you don‘t make a point of doing certain things, you just forget to do them. I realize that I may not accomplish all of them before the big 3-0 hits, but you can’t blame a girl for trying.


4 comments:

  1. I like this list. It is simple but gives you something to reach for. I hope moving back south is in the top 15. But if it's not, the will of the Lord be done. Very good. I love reading your blog. Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  2. On your way to the Mason Dixon line, stop by and I will help with #23! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I had already thought of that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm visiting from Incourage...and love your list! I just learned to can this year (my 28th) and am excited to get better at it. You can can! :-) Blessings on this year!

    ReplyDelete