Friday, December 3, 2010

Give Me Five Friday- {Unlikable Christmas Music}


If you've missed it, here's the short version of Give me Five Friday. I like making lists. Every Friday I'll make a list. The only rule is it has to be five things.

Earlier in the week, I shared my love of Christmas music. Yesterday, as we were in the car, "The Little Drummer Boy" came on the radio. I immediately turned it. This action made me write a facebook status about it, and then prompted me to extend it into a Give me Five Friday.


{five Christmas songs I don't like}


1. The Little Drummer Boy- The writer used one too many pa rum pum pum pum's for me. He/she should have taken a note from the writer of Frosty the Snowman. Who does not like thumpety thump thump?

2. The Christmas Shoes- Does this make me the most cold-hearted person ever? I just don't like this song. I've never liked the songs where they tell a whole story like "The Nights the Lights Went Out in Georgia," and "The Devil Went Down to Georgia (although I do love Georgia). The only exception of course is Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer.

3. Santa Baby- Inevitably, this song has to be sung with that voice that the original singer uses, and that's just annoying.

4. The Twelve Days of Christmas- One of my facebook friends pointed this one out, and I completely agree. You have to have some commitment to sing this song. You start out all excited, and then you just lose steam around seven swans a swimming. It is the "99 Bottles of Coke on the Wall" of Christmas songs.

5. O Holy Night- Calm down! Calm down! I know it's strange to dislike this song, but you must understand. I have an alto voice and this song is definitely a song for sopranos. I dislike it purely out of bitterness. Someday I'll hit that note, "O night diviiIiiiIiiIiiiIiiiIiiiIiiIine!" Someday...


2 comments:

  1. Running from a haintDecember 3, 2010 at 11:08 AM

    When I worked at the outlet mall at "Britches" we had a Christmas CD and it continuously played some Beatles Christmas song. I don't know the name of it, and have not tried to find out. Anyway, since then, everywhere I go, I hear that song at Christmas time. Thats beel like 15 years ago. Seriously, its like it follows me, its rather spooky. Help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hope you don't mean Paul McCartney's "Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time!" That's only on my Top 5 favorites!!! I do agree about the replay issue though. Part of the reason I dislike Oh Holy Night is I heard it abou 100 times one year when they used it in the HCA's Christmas Play.

    ReplyDelete