Monday, May 16, 2011

Blessing #51- Birthday Month

I'm very proud of myself. I have really shown self restraint. It is May 16 and I have not mentioned once on this blog that it is birthday month...

until today.

Every May 1, I jump out of bed and yell, "It's birthday month," and for the rest of May, I say that same phrase hundreds of times.

No one over the age of twelve enjoys their birthday more than me. It's not the presents (although that's nice), it's not the attention (well, maybe a little), but it's just something inside of me that loOoOoves knowing it's my birthday month. If I were on a deserted island, completely alone, I would still jump up on May 1 and yell, "It's birthday month," that is if I find a way to make a calendar out of coconuts, but I'm sure I would.

Speaking of coconuts, see what Shad just had to get at a yard sale for 50 cents.



If that doesn't give you nightmares, I don't know what will. However, I have plans for Cocopirate which have made me grow to love his beady little green eye.

Anyway, my birthday is at the end of the month, allowing me to celebrate birthday month all month long. Really, all I do during birthday month is say, "It's birthday month," about 10 times a day. Yep, that's the extent of it, but I just love knowing it's my birthday month.

So be warned, I did my best not to mention it for a few weeks, but the next couple of weeks will be filled with multiple birthday posts.

Oh, and did I mention...

"It's birthday month!!!"


No comments:

Post a Comment