Saturday, January 22, 2011

Saturdate with Southern Plate- {bbq sauce no. 5}

In case you don't know what Saturdate with Southern Plate is, you can check it out here.

Some people are art connoisseurs, others are wine connoisseurs, but my dad is a bbq connoisseur. I'm not exagerating. He is an expert. Sometime this week, I will blog more about that, but for now just trust me, he's a connoisseur of bbq.

Growing up in his house has made me a bit of a bbq snob. I know what I like and what tastes good. When I cook, the only bbq sauce I use is Strickland's sauce. Strick's sauce is only sold in the North Georgia area, and, unfortunately, I'm twelve hours from the nearest bottle. Everytime I go to Georgia, I smuggle several bottles back over the Maryland state line. When I'm cooking, I ration it out like liquid gold. I give Shad the evil eye when he uses too much on his sandwich.



Because of my bbq sauce shortage, I was excited to try this recipe. I assumed I would make the sauce and adjust it to how I like it. Surprisingly though, I love the recipe just like it is. This recipe is not on Southern Plate blog, but only in the book. It was the perfect combination of sweet and spicy. Next time I go to Georgia, I'm definitely bringing back bottles of Strick's sauce, but maybe I'll loosen up on the rationing now that I have a backup.


No comments:

Post a Comment