Monday, March 14, 2011

Blessing #38- Pi Day!!!

Warning: The following blessing contains severe mathematical content. Readers are advised.

I try not to make the blog too mathematical, but in case I haven't mentioned it, I love math! That's why the blog is called Calculating Blessings. The problem is, I can't really share my love of math with many people because it either scares them, bores them, or it is way over their heads.

However, today is Pi Day so I'm celebrating.



What is Pi Day? It's like Christmas for math nerds! It's on March 14 (3/14), the day to celebrate the number Pi, 3.14.

What is Pi? 3.1415926535...It's irrational and goes on forever, but I'll just say it's 3.14 to make things easy.



If you take any circle,ANY circle and divide it's circumference (the distance around the circle) by the diameter (the distance across the circle) you get Pi. 3.14!

Einstein's birthday is Pi day! Coincidence...I think not.

There are so many other facts about Pi I could share with you, but I'll be kind and keep it short.

How will I be celebrating Pi Day?


1. Rocking my Pi day 2005 t-shirt


2. Eating Chocolate chip Pie


3. Saying "Happy Pi Day" to everyone I meet

4. Randomly reciting all the digits of pi that I know.

5. Trying to get teenagers in the math classes I'm subbing in to sing Pi day carols with me!!! (I'm not kidding there really are pi day carols! )

3 comments:

  1. You are too muc! Have a great day! Love you #3s#1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I should be much not muc #3s#1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry again should be it not I. What can I say I'm not as smart as my math nerd daughter. Love you #3s#1btmanus

    ReplyDelete