Saturday, March 12, 2011

Saturdate with ???

I did not get a chance to make a Southern Plate recipe this week, but I do have a craft I did this week.

One day, after Shad got off work, we went out in the woods to look for glass bottles. We had so much fun, and found 12 milk of magnesia bottles! My mother-in-law said it best. When I told her about the 12 m.o.m. bottles,she said, "Someone must have been ReAlLy sick."



As soon as I saw the first one, I knew it would make a cute bud vase, but I thrilled when we found so many. I knew they would make a great centerpiece. I got some brown stickers and put "{blessed}" on the bottles. (Some of the letters are crooked. Oh well! It's still cute!) They make some $5 daisies look wonderful!



Yesterday's trash is today's centerpiece!



Post linked to Junkin' Finds Fridays, Thrifty Thursdays, Saturday Showcase, Sunday Showcase, Works for me Wednesday.

13 comments:

  1. steph. that brings back memerios , when ben and i first got married we lived in atlanta we would come to his moms on weekends and we would talk long walks ( the west ridgeway road and all the other roads around here were dirt, we would fine glass beer bottles (they were brown ) i would take them home clean them up ( sometime i would paint them ) and those were my bud vases. as we old people say that was the good old days ha , ha love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is fantastic. love the contrast of the blue with the yellow flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph this is so pretty! Love the blue bottles with the daisies. Adding the letters is very clever. Thanks for joining JFF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, aren't you clever! I just love this.
    ~Pam
    pamspaintparlor.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is very pretty & clever. Love it!! #3s#1

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cutest! This made me smile tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lynn at Cottage and CreekMarch 13, 2011 at 11:30 AM

    What a cute idea! And how cool that the woods near your house contains such goodies! I love the contrast between the blue and yellow. Brightens the day right up. Thanks for sharing. I'm visiting from JFF and hope you'll stop by Cottage and Creek and say 'hi'.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are so pretty. I'd love to try this for my sunny kitchen window.

    megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. i couldn't agree more...they're lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i followed you thru GFC. Pls do:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea! I love making something beautiful out of something that was free!

    ReplyDelete
  12. DARLING. so srpingy!

    http://bit.ly/gk3GYr

    ReplyDelete