Thursday, November 11, 2010

Blessing #9- Mr. Wonderful

Last week, we had to be at the hospital at 6:00 AM to induce Collin. During the first few quiet hours, Shad and I had a little project to keep us occupied. In most of the blogs I read, the woman does not call her husband by his name, but instead uses a nickname. My question to Shad was, "What would your nickname be?" He, being ever so humble, gave me several "suggestions" that morning. Mr. Always Right, Mr. Amazing, and my personal favorite, Mr. Best Decision I Ever Made. (See, he's very humble. B took the picture below, and of all the poses he could pick, Shad picked this pose.)




Throughout our entire stay in the hospital, every single nurse or doctor that worked with us would, at some point, look at me and say, "He's so funny," "He's such a good daddy," or "He's such a nice guy." All this attention did not help my husband's inflated ego, but everything they said was true.

Like everyone, he has his moments. Moments where I have to quote my wedding vows over in my head. "For better for worse, for richer for poorer, for stupid and stupider!" OKAY! I may have added that last part, but it should be in there. Anyway, he has those moments, but so do I. However, the majority of the time he is wonderful. So if I had to pick a name it would be Mr. Wonderful. But I think I'll just stick with Shad, I don't want to make his ego bigger.


2 comments:

  1. "for stupid and stupider!" That's awesome!! Mine goes, "For better for worse, for richer for poorer, for call of duty modern warfare two and the new call of duty black ops."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too Funny! I laughed so hard at that! That is very appropriate for Ryan!

    ReplyDelete